The Scenic Ridge Board
The Board is made up of five (5) members with each member taking on certain responsibilities. The Board members serve three-year terms with no term limits. Officer positions are appointed by the Board on an annual basis and are generally filled by the Board members themselves. Officer positions currently include President, Vice-President, Financial Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The Board may choose to increase or decrease the number of Board members, anywhere between three (minimum) and nine (maximum) members. Officer minimums include a President, Vice-President and Secretary/Treasurer.
The Board is responsible for retaining services to perform the following:
- Maintain Common areas;
- Lawn Maintenance, snow removal, and leaf removal;
- Pool and Recreation area maintenance;
- Financial responsibilities of the Association, including billing and collecting annual and special assessments, record keeping, and fiscal planning; and
- Legal and insurance matters in relation to the Common Areas.
Any Association member concerns should be communicated to the Board in writing or via email at email@example.com at least two weeks before the next scheduled Board meeting to help ensure its consideration for the Agenda.
Operational decisions, including the annual budget and annual assessments, are voted upon by the Board, governed by majority decision. In the event of a split decision, the Board will appoint an arbitration committee to resolve the dispute.
From the Associationís By-Laws:
POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 1. Powers. The Board of Directors shall have power to:
- adopt and publish rules and regulations governing the use of the Common Area and recreational facilities and the personal conduct of the members and their guests thereon and to establish penalties for the infraction thereof;
- exercise for the Association all powers, duties and authority vested in or delegated to this Association and not reserved to the membership by other provisions of these By-Laws, The Articles of Incorporation, or the Declaration;
- declare the office of a member of the Board or Directors to be vacant in the event such member shall be absent from three (3) consecutive regular meetings of the Board of Directors; and
- employ a manager, an independent contractor, or such other employees as they deem necessary, and to prescribe their duties.
Section 2. Duties. It shall be the duty of the Board of directors to:
- cause to be kept a complete record of all of its acts and corporate affairs and to present a statement thereof to the members at the annual meeting of the members or at any special meeting when such statement is requested in writing by one-fourth (1/4) of the Class A members who are entitled to vote;
- supervise all officers, agents and employees of this Association, and to see that their duties are properly performed;
- as more fully provided herein, and in the Declare-
- fix the amount of the annual assessment against each Lot at least thirty (30) days in advance of each annual assessment period, as hereinafter provided in Article XII, and
- send written notice of each assessment to every Owner subject thereto at least thirty (30) days in advance of each annual assessment period:
- Issue, or to cause an appropriate officer to issue, upon demand by any person, a certificate setting forth whether or not any assessment has been paid. A reasonable charge may be made by the Board for the issuance of these certificates. If a certificate states an assessment has been paid, such certificate shall be conclusive evidence of such payment;
- procure and maintain adequate liability and Hazard insurance on property owned by the Association;
- cause all officers or employees having fiscal responsibilities to be bonded, as it may deem appropriate;
- cause the Common Area, the lots to the extent applicable and the recreational facilities to be maintained; and
- cause the exterior of the dwellings to be maintained as outlined in Article IX of the Declaration.